Taxable municipal bonds are municipal bonds with interest that is not excluded from the gross income of its owners for federal income tax purposes. Some taxable municipal bonds are issued for purposes that may not qualify for tax exemption, including construction of sports stadiums, funding pension liabilities, and investor-led housing projects.
Why Buy a Taxable Municipal Bond?
- Historically offers one of the highest degrees of credit safety*
- Liquid any business day at the market price
- Provides fixed income with attractive yields
- Diversification: The large number of issuers gives investors the ability to diversify their portfolio by purchasing bonds issued all over the country
- May be suitable for retirement/tax-deferred accounts and for investors in low tax brackets
Why Buy Taxable Municipal Bonds From David Lerner Associates?
We maintain our own in-house Trading Department staffed by municipal bond specialists. Our traders maintain a large and varied inventory, including Build America Bonds (BABs). As a result, the bond investor is able to buy and sell directly. Our investment counselors will design a personal investment strategy for you that meets your individual needs and goals.
*Bonds subject to market fluctuation