6 Reasons to Work with a Financial Professional
No matter what stage of life you’re in you could probably benefit from working with a financial professional. Here are six reasons why:
- You don’t know what you don’t know. Managing your finances on a day-to-day basis is one thing, but implementing a long-term, comprehensive financial plan that can fund your retirement and fulfil other goals is another. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it on your own – only that you shouldn’t underestimate the expertise that’s required to put together an effective plan that needs to last for many years.
- You have good intentions but you never set aside the time. Developing and maintaining a financial plan takes knowledge and time. Books, websites, and financial calculators can provide you with valuable knowledge to play an active part in planning your future. However, they cannot assist you in finding the time and commitment needed to apply that knowledge to your specific personal circumstances.
- Doing it all yourself isn’t efficient. There are many things that you could probably do yourself, but instead you pay someone else to do them. For instance, you could paint your house yourself, but you may prefer to pay someone else to do it. Why? Because it’s more efficient. The same is true when it comes to developing a long-term, comprehensive financial plan.
- You’re not objective. It’s hard to look at your finances objectively. Having someone else with experience analyze your situation can be extremely helpful.
- Keeping up with change is a full time job. As you age, your life undergoes constant change, and the financial world also experiences continuous transformations. Economic fluctuations, evolving laws, and changing investment landscapes occur every year. A financial professional can monitor these changes and recommend adjustments, as needed.
- You see the trees, but not the forest. leading a busy life often means being consumed by day-to-day demands, both financial and otherwise. By enlisting the guidance of a financial professional, you can gain a broader perspective and better understand the big picture of your financial situation.
Your finances are important. They require the same thoughtful attention you give other areas of your life. No matter what stage of life you’re in, a financial professional can help.
Material contained in this article is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be used in connection with the evaluation of any investments offered by David Lerner Associates, Inc. This material does not constitute an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities and should not be considered in connection with the purchase or sale of securities. These materials are provided for general information and educational purposes based upon publicly available information from sources believed to be reliable– we cannot assure the accuracy or completeness of these materials.